AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The price keeps dropping. Also, netmarket.com has the set for $2100 with a 200% low price guarantee and a 2 year extended warranty. That puts the cost at around $700

with free shipping.

Glyptol

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sounds to god to be true

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Sounds like their not telling him about the JX3. You couldn't give me that full of bugs set. That set for that price would sound real.:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can somebody set the record on which model to avoid for this TV ? I've done a search and read a bunch of threads but I don't see a conclusive answer ...

I've heard people say that JX3 had major problems, but that YX5 is the newer model ?

with this deal going on, looks like you can pickup this set for around $1500 including an extended warranty ...

seems like a good deal, but there are so many negative comments about this set.

thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is actually $1439 now - $100 GC and $189 for a three year extended. They will let you apply the GC towards the extended warranty. If they have to come out and fix it more than twice they will give you a replacement TV with the same or better features.

I bought mine last week and got the YX5 assembled in May of 2002. I hear that anything above the JX3 should be fine. The model and assembly date are on the back of the TV. The date people keep mentioning is April 2001 and beyond.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brj8826
It is actually $1439 now - $100 GC and $189 for a three year extended. They will let you apply the GC towards the extended warranty.
How'd you get the price down to $1439? I'm at their web-site right now, plugged in WA (my state) and it's still $1499. Any clues?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the JX5 and it has issues as well.

All I have to say is if you get it, take the money you save and get a 5 year warranty on it. It will be money well spent.

And I hope the set treats you well..it's the best deal around...when it works like it should. ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Guys,

is this set good for xbox? i understand that this set does not support 720p, will it upconvert to 1080i or downconvert to 480P? Thanks alot.

---neog

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
neog...the F38310 upconverts 480i to 540p, and 720p to 1080i. I've had mine (YX5) for about 6 weeks and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
The F38310 does:

480I goes to 540P

480P stays 480P.

720P on the RF inputs get upconverted to 1080I.

(Does not accept 720P natively on component inputs.)

Obviously 1080I stays 1080I.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.