AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here in atlanta we got 2 more OTA digital channels up and going today (TBS and WB)...so i did a new channel search and picked them up..thing is, the analog chanells (about 20 of them) are really getting in the way of my channel switching in the guide..i there any way to remove selected channels from the OTA guide?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Atlanta, Georgia and you don't have any TV cable companies. I am sorry to hear that, I am on the www.sectv.com . My payment of $37.90 a month, gets me all and the Digital channels of commercial stations and the digital channels of HBO and Cinemax pay channels, no commercial movies that's available.

You can't get Direct TV and you have your built in receiver. I hope you get your free OTA channels in Atlanta. :)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
????

that was a very weird post, what exactly are you trying to say?

i am waiting a month or two to upgrade my dish to an oval one to get HD HBO, SHOWTIME, and HDNET.

With a $17 antenna i am getting all 4 locals digitally without a hitch, no dropouts.

why would i want to pay $38 more a month when i'm already a DirecTV subscriber, will be getting the DirecTV HD channels soon enough, and i'm getting my locals beautifully with an antenna? the added charge to my directv bill will be ZERO when i upgrade my dish since i already pay for hbo and showtime.

my post was merely a question about my tv's ota guide.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
You can create individualized (named) channel lists, with mixtures of OTA and Cable (Ant A & B) and DirecTV channels (see page 53 in manual). You then select the list you want with the "Who" button. My F38310 defaults to "Family" when first turned on; it would have been nice to retain the list in use when the set was turned off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.