AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the phosphore on the RCA F38310 varies in brightness?

This is very noticable if you look at a HDTV scene that pans the sky. Some of the screens phosphors are darker. As a piece of the sky passes through the darker phosphors the pieice of sky gets darker. It looks as if you are looking at the sky through a pair of dirty glasses. As you move the glasses different pieces of the sky get darker.

Is this something that occurs with all CRT TV's - Am I being overly picky?

------------------

BOYCOTT DVI/HDCP & JVC!

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I put a totally gray pattern on my screen, I see some slight differences in the brightness and purity of the gray. You may have a slight brownish tint in one area of the screen. Blue and gray in the corners is common on this set. Some of this may be corrected by a technician putting magnets on the back of the tube. It could also be caused by a nearby speaker magnet. If it is bad enough and you have just received the TV, try to get a replacement from the store. Most of the 38310 have some impurity, so if you are a supper critical type you might just get have to get used it. But, if your wife and friends point it out to you, then you have a real problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.