AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HDTV cable from Time Warner is finally going to be available in my area (Vandalia Ohio). I don't have Direct TV so i was wandering if the HDTV channels will work with the 38310 i think I remember reading something about it not working? thanks

·
Registered
22,141 Posts
HD from cable will work with no problem. The clincher is that there is only one set of component inputs on the F38310, so you will need to get a 'switch' if you have a DVD player (with component ouputs) or Xbox...

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
When I watched digital choice cable my cable man hooked it up to Antenna B, my cable system has nothing to do with components, check it out at www.sectv.com

Ratman is correct if your using a DVD & a X-box, if that's the case here is one that is the best high end switcher with 500MHz Video bandwith. I have 3 progessive scan and 1 Sony Interlaced 300 +1 DVD changer, I have IN3504 which would be 2 less than 3506.

http://www.inlineinc.com/products/matrix/3506.htm

When on then scroll down to see the 500 MHz *Video* bandwith. To convert (my way) use only the R,G,B leave the S alone, use bnc to phono connecters 15 at $3.99 each,

12 for in, 3(set) for out to Y-Pr-Pb at back of HDTV set. You can connect component cables. Believe me the 'pic' on my F-38 using these switchers, is out of this world!:cool:

·
Registered
22,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hob
When I watched digital choice cable my cable man hooked it up to Antenna B, my cable system has nothing to do with components,
Digital cable requires a converter supplied by the cable company. True, you can hook up 'cable' to Antenna A or B, but this will only pass cable channels up to channel ~100. I think that channels below 100 are passed in an analog format therefore the internal TV tuner will work, above that, they are digital and you need a converter. And, in order to decode HD via digital cable, it must pass through the component inputs.

The ONLY exception to this would be if your cable company passes their HDTV signals using 8VSB and they are lower than channel 100, which is highly unlikely. (I think that Cablevision in the New York area are the only ones that use 8VSB.)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
My www.sectv.com cable installer first looped in their converter, which I pay a fee per month; then it went to my HDTV.

I had forgot to mention that the cable system has digital converter thru which the cable coming in passes thru.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.