AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

f38310 RCA

660 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Kipp Jones 
#1 ·
I am trying to find out how to get to the service menu to see what software my tv is running. RCA is telling me that the internal dtc100 may need a paddle upgrade if it is running below 5.10 software. I hope I am in the right place to post this sorry if i am not. Thanks

#3 ·
its to upgrade to software version 5.10 in the internal dtc100 so that I will have the rastor centering option but I do not know what to check to see if I have the latest upgrades thats why I need to know how to get to the service menu thanks

#5 ·
I was just about to post a question how to center the image. Thanks for the help.

I ran the AVIA disk over the weekend and noticed I'm off center by at least 1/2". Interestingly, all of my adjustments came to approx. the center (either 25 or 26 clicks from the far left) except the sharpness, just one from the left.

I'd like to know how that compares to other's settings?

#6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dreaming_in_hd

I do not know what to check to see if I have the latest upgrades thats why I need to know how to get to the service menu thanks [/b]
Upgrade info is found in the regular menu under Assistance/Upgrades. The one you mentioned was downloaded to my F38310 in October 2001.

#7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by wxwx

I'd like to know how that compares to other's settings? [/b]
My first four settings are also in the center of the scale. However, I vary the sharpness to my personal taste, from where you mentioned if there is a little video noise to the center on high quality material like HDNet.

#8 ·
if your F38310 is not at A05.10 version of ird firmware,the upgrade is no longer available from DirecTV stream,and must be done by an RCA service

tech. If upgrade needed contact LESA at 1-580-634-0015,select option #2

8am-8pmM-F (thanks pyrotech) and it will be arranged at no charge to you.

they bring a smart card paddle and insert into slot in rear.(tech removed back case of mine only to discover that it was not necessary). takes a few minutes and your upped to A05.10

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by dreaming_in_hd
I am trying to find out how to get to the service menu to see what software my tv is running. RCA is telling me that the internal dtc100 may need a paddle upgrade if it is running below 5.10 software. I hope I am in the right place to post this sorry if i am not. Thanks
To get in hold down ok/menu, volume+ and info all at the same time for a few seconds. Boy, Hob must really be gone. He would have jumped all over this thread.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.