AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3155 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some opinions on these two brands .. Should I buy f8500 now or wait and see ? I went to check F8500...the best tv so far for this year..killing VT50 ...but I dont know about ZT60 ....You guys have any more info please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
33,776 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshock  /t/1469541/f8500-or-zt60#post_23234258

Is the F8500 even better than the VT60?

Many that have seen both prefer the F8500. I'm one of them. Best to see both yourself and see how you like it. It's not just the brightness that makes the picture so likeable.

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
As the others have said wait, if you are in no rush to get a enw TV, then you should wait and see waht the production ZTs will offer. This is esepically the case if you are in a light controlled room or have a "batcave".......

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
This is a question I would like to know too. I might just replace my 151HD with one of these. The problem is....I just saw the VT60 at BB and man was it not bright, even looking dull in the THX Bright mode. Can the VT60 or ZT60 at least achieve 40fl of light at all? My Kuro can and I definitely do not want less bright than that, if not I might have to get the F8500, which I do like, but it seems to have a few problems right now.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross  /t/1469541/f8500-or-zt60#post_23234458

Many that have seen both prefer the F8500. I'm one of them. Best to see both yourself and see how you like it. It's not just the brightness that makes the picture so likeable.

I have seen both and played with the settings on both.

While the new Panasonic is a beautiful TV,

I think the F8500 is simply the television of the year.( oled and 4k, aside).

The f8500s combination of Super Black with almost LED brightness, just blew me away.

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
Biz (by the way I like your username)

The only one who will be able to tell if one TV is better than the other is you, we can shoot all the numbers and give our personal opinons, site all the reviews, but in the end YOU wil have to buy and watch the TV. So usually before I suggest a TV its better to know more about what you want out of the TV, the light levels in the room it will be put in (Bright, Controlled, batcave), What TV are you coming from? what are your viewing habits? (Cable\Sattelite, Blu-ray, mix of both, gamer, etc). At leat for me its never as simple as saying "which is the best" as really there are different answers depending on what you are looking for. The final judgement though should be made once you get to see the set in person as this will give you the best idea of how the TV will look, although not perfect at msot stores, it gives you a base to go off of....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te  /t/1469541/f8500-or-zt60#post_23234666

Biz (by the way I like your username)

The only one who will be able to tell if one TV is better than the other is you, we can shoot all the numbers and give our personal opinons, site all the reviews, but in the end YOU wil have to buy and watch the TV. So usually before I suggest a TV its better to know more about what you want out of the TV, the light levels in the room it will be put in (Bright, Controlled, batcave), What TV are you coming from? what are your viewing habits? (Cable\Sattelite, Blu-ray, mix of both, gamer, etc). At leat for me its never as simple as saying "which is the best" as really there are different answers depending on what you are looking for. The final judgement though should be made once you get to see the set in person as this will give you the best idea of how the TV will look, although not perfect at msot stores, it gives you a base to go off of....

THANKS PH8TE,

BIZ IS MY DOG NAME....I GOT SAMSUNG LED 60' E7100 RIGHT NOW AND LOOKING TO REPLACE WITH SOMETHING BETTER AND BIGGER..MY LIVING ROOM HAS ALOT OF LIGHTS FROM WINDOWS ..HERE IS THE PIC SO MAYBE YOU CAN COME UP WITH SOME IDEA.....

THE BIGGEST SIZE I CAN GET IS 65' SO IT WILL BE MATCH TO MY FIREPLACE...DONT WANT TO GET TOO BIG...IT WILL LOOK UGLY ON FIREPLACE...

·
Registered
20,920 Posts
Even with those lights I dont think youll ahve a problem with brightness, the only thing I WOULD caution on is the fireplace, if you do use it I would take temperature readings to ensure it doesnt get too hot.......Since you have an LCD currently, the F8500 may be an easier transition for you, BUT in about 2 weeks the Value Electronics shootout will happen so well see how the ZT performs. Once you get an idea of how the VT, ZT, F8500 perform I would then start focusing research until you get to see one in person. Both Panasonic and Samsung each have a "look" to the way they display images, so it may come down to something simple for you as in which TV is more appealing to your eyes.....

1 - 20 of 3155 Posts