AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fable III will be released in time to invite you back to Albion this holiday season.

Check out some screens and the 1st Dev Diary: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/what-f...oks-like/1864/

Very excited to hear you will be King/Queen and actually have royal power and duties. I quite enjoyed working my way up in Fable II but beyond the castle and title there was really nothing to do with the crown.

I wonder how long they'll wait to start discussing the Natal integration? I suspect E3.

· Registered
9,280 Posts
here's to hoping they dont **** up the coop.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peter Molyneux was interviewed by the 4 Guys 1UP podcast for ~15mins. I found it all interesting but the biggest information was about changes to the coop. I found a site that was nice enough to have (partially)transcribed the meat of it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Molyneux /forum/post/0

I heard you about co-op, you want your own hero to come into a friends world, fine you can have that. Definitely. In co-op if you come into my world you come as you, as your own hero with your dog and your own unique weapons.

I heard you, you don't want to be tied to my camera, you want to go off and do your own thing in my world. Fine, fair enough, you wanted that you got it but there are going to be consequences.

If you want to come into my own world and you want, we can get married. Yes, fine - the first true co-op game that you can get married.

If you're interested in the whole interview check out the 02/12/2010 podcast . Interview starts around 2:54 and the coop question comes around 16:16.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
wow sounds great! Not quite sure I want to merry my buddy, I hope they don't have an achivement for that!

I wonder through will it still be co-op on one system? or does one have to system link/live for that

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer /forum/post/18146078

I wonder through will it still be co-op on one system? or does one have to system link/live for that

Good question. I suspect, because you'll be able to go anywhere separate from each other, that single system coop will not be possible. Maybe the one camera henchman mode will be retained for single system coop and the new mode just added along side it.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seemed strange that Fable III was given such short shrift at Microsoft's E3 press conference. There are plenty of new features and improvements that could have been demonstrated. Check out Gametrailer's interview of Peter for more:
I suspect Fable's Kinect features were to be highlighted but weren't ready for the show. They could have at least taken a page from last year and shown off the new coop in action. Or the new map, which looks very impressive.

I'm looking forward to proper reveals in August at Gamescom.

· Registered
3,030 Posts
I really enjoyed both Fable games, but Molyneux never delivers on all of the promised features for his games. I think his imagination always outplays the available technology.

· Registered
5,949 Posts
Fable 2 was sooooo close to delivering but IMO what ruined it was how easy it was. I could literally walk up to a female NPC of my choice, fart in her face a dozen times, and leave her swooning. It's ridiculous.

And the combat was button mashing... one button mashing.

I realize they want to make this game more accessible and what not, but there has to be a better way. If they announced a hard mode for Fable 3, I'd be all over it.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience /forum/post/18805509

I really enjoyed both Fable games, but Molyneux never delivers on all of the promised features for his games. I think his imagination always outplays the available technology.

That's why Peter makes so many promises. Delivering on a fraction of them is still pretty awesome

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/18805545

And the combat was button mashing... one button mashing.

That is the way you chose to play it. Stringing together melee, projectiles and magic in interesting ways was a large source of enjoyment for me. But Peter acknowledges the controls were designed to accommodate mashing for more casual players. It certainly was easy though. But stuff like figuring out the Demon Doors, finding the gargoyles and silver keys, and putting together a good time in the Gauntlet provided some challenges.

· Registered
2,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing /forum/post/18805545

[Regarding Fable 2] And the combat was button mashing... one button mashing.

I realize they want to make this game more accessible and what not, but there has to be a better way. If they announced a hard mode for Fable 3, I'd be all over it.

Ironically, I believe at least one statement from Molyneux was that "Fable 2" was itself too inaccessible to the masses, that they want to make the series even less of an RPG or adventure game and more just sort of a "wander around and do random social actions with NPCs" game. If I recall correctly, he said something about how players didn't understand the concept of a health bar so they were doing away with it (!). So yeah, it's already pretty bad, but they want to make it worse.

So... I'm thinking "Fable 3" is going to suck.

· Registered
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorax /forum/post/18805680

That is the way you chose to play it. Stringing together melee, projectiles and magic in interesting ways was a large source of enjoyment for me. But Peter acknowledges the controls were designed to accommodate mashing for more casual players. It certainly was easy though. But stuff like figuring out the Demon Doors, finding the gargoyles and silver keys, and putting together a good time in the Gauntlet provided some challenges.

I think it's worth noting that I liked Fable 2 enough to start up a new game right after I finished (though, I didn't get very far - because of time, not desire). I actually didn't think the combat system was terrible, it was just much too easy. If it was harder... it probably would've been one of my favorite games on the system.

I'll only go in depth with a game system if the game requires I do it. Fable 2 didn't require anything beyond mashing so that's what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak /forum/post/18806666

Ironically, I believe at least one statement from Molyneux was that "Fable 2" was itself too inaccessible to the masses, that they want to make the series even less of an RPG or adventure game and more just sort of a "wander around and do random social actions with NPCs" game. If I recall correctly, he said something about how players didn't understand the concept of a health bar so they were doing away with it (!). So yeah, it's already pretty bad, but they want to make it worse.

Yea, I've heard that too. I really have no idea of the type of gamers that don't understand health bars, but who knows at this point.

If the "random social actions" are farting in their face until they love you, count me out. Actually as of the moment I have no plans to get Fable 3.

· Registered
2,159 Posts
I have not had the opportunity to play either fable, although they both look really good. I'm going to make a point to at least play fable 2 so I'll be ready for 3. I think it will be right up my alley

· Registered
4,301 Posts
"If you want to come into my own world and you want, we can get married. Yes, fine - the first true co-op game that you can get married."

Looking forward to finally seeing formula and daekwan's wedding! No prop 8 issues here guys.

· Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR1 /forum/post/18806858

Looking forward to finally seeing formula and daekwan's wedding! No prop 8 issues here guys.

+1 to that! But how will they ever settle who gets to wear the dress?

· Registered
1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slordak /forum/post/18806666

Wow, it's like Fable has gone from trying to revolutionize the action RPG to just being the least it can be. Seems like Molyneaux more and more wants to pander to the lowest common denominator ("Let's make it like Facebook, guys!") I'll stop before I get off on another anti-Pete rant.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.