Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm currently in the process of finishing the framing around the screen. I went so far with 3/4" MDF but I would like to cover it with a fabric or paint to reduce the amount of light reflection.

I would like to know what you did use or plan to use around your screen.

I've heard that there is a product used for film development professionals are using which is doing miracle in absorbing light but I can't find any reference after more than an hour of searches on the web.

Any idea, advice, comment is more than welcome!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I was wondering is that velvet has usually a little bit of shine and would this shine be enough to reflect some of the light from the projector?

My projector is not of the same ratio than my screen so I WILL have some light on the fabric and I would like to reduce the impact as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Not all velvets are the same. I found one that is totally non-reflective. I have the same situation, that is a 4:3 LCD projector kicking out 1400 ANSI lumens. I never see any light on the velvet when wathcing 16:9 or 2.35:1.

http://www.kathiejohnson.com/HomeTheater.html

If you find something that looks like it might work, buy a small piece and hold it up for a test.

Deane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.