AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Melbourne Fl near Orlando - Need Fabric Installation Expert

My Theatre is currently at the stage where I need to have the fabric installed by a professional. My wife and I started but the job is just too big for us, there is definitelly a knack to doing it, especially going around corners!!! The walls have been prepped for the installation of the fabric. I installed the firing strips as specified by the designer along the walls, to include the screen wall. John Manville InsuShield has been applied as specified along with other acustic treatments. A large soffit encircles the room 15 ft X 30 ft with a light cove. We attemped to cover the bottom of it and thats where we stopped!!

Any help is appreciated.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,116 Posts
Got a picture of those soffits? you should also visit ChinaDogs photo album (linked in his thread) as he has 200 on just installing fabric. Some of them have annotations for dealing with corners. Just a FYI in some instances you want the furring loose so you can wrap it with fabric and staple on the back side before it is installed. You would generally do this at inside corners, The outside bottom edge of the soffit can also benefit from this method but we need to see your design.

If you don't own a pneumatic upholstery stapler you can forget about this project.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Check out the fabricmate sytem too. You could then still do it yourself and save a bit of money. The system will not be free, however.
http://www.fabricmate.com/sfs.php

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.