AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any of you guys have linked your PS4 with your facebook. I want to do it, but at the same time I have some reservations about it. Like, I don't understand what the PS4 will put on my facebook concerning my gameplay. What if Im ignoring friends and/or family because Im "sleeping" or something, but then they see on facebook that Im gaming? LOL.

Also, does the facebook/PS4 link show that you're maybe watching Netflix or Amazon Prime, or whatever else? I guess my main question is how intrusive is it?

I like the idea of maybe finding some friends via facebook that I didn't know were PS4 gamers, but that's about the extent of it. I don't want the PS4 posting crap on my timeline every time I complete a task in a game or watch a show on Netflix, etc., etc.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I have and a lot of my friends have linked their PS4's to Facebook. You can control what is automatically posted to facebook in the Publishng Settings. Some of my friends created a separate facebook account specifically to link to the PS4. In my case I use my only facebook account and have a separate group set up (in facebook). If I want to post something to facebook from my PS4 (images, videos) I select that group when uploading. That way only that group can see those posts.

Here's the support page. Take a look at #7 , Publishing Settings.
https://support.us.playstation.com/...linking-your-sen-account-with-online-services

As for your question about Netflix/Prime, no that will not be posted to facebook. It's not intrusive so there isn't anything to worry about. Most people link their PS4 to facebook only to be able to use the facebook avatar on their PSN account. Then disable everything else under the Publishing Settings.

Reactions: Ty Wayne

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have and a lot of my friends have linked their PS4's to Facebook. You can control what is automatically posted to facebook in the Publishng Settings. Some of my friends created a separate facebook account specifically to link to the PS4. In my case I use my only facebook account and have a separate group set up (in facebook). If I want to post something to facebook from my PS4 (images, videos) I select that group when uploading. That way only that group can see those posts.

Here's the support page. Take a look at #7 , Publishing Settings.
https://support.us.playstation.com/...linking-your-sen-account-with-online-services

As for your question about Netflix/Prime, no that will not be posted to facebook. It's not intrusive so there isn't anything to worry about. Most people link their PS4 to facebook only to be able to use the facebook avatar on their PSN account. Then disable everything else under the Publishing Settings.

Thanks eclipz. I'll probably give it a try. To me, creating a separate FB page to link with the PS4 wouldn't be useful, as my main reasoning would simply be to see if I have any FB friends that also play. Im assuming that by linking my PS4 to my facebook, it will tell me if I have any FB friends who have done the same??? Not sure about that?

Concerning Netflix and Amazon Prime, its not a really big deal, I just didn't want my PS4 posting on my FB timeline every time I spent 5 hours watching the Sopranos or the Tudors or whatever. I really shouldn't care, but people are so dang judgmental and nosy. I don't want to broadcast it to the world every time I spend hours on the PS4! :)

I really don't play online anymore anyway. Mainly, I play MLB the Show and I play offline franchise. Back in the day, I used to play Fight Night online on the PS3, but those days are gone unless they come out with another Fight Night.....that would be awesome.

Having said all that, I am planning on getting The Golf Club, and I think I'd enjoy playing that online.

So anyway, thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts