AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting ready to order a new 36xs955 when I read that radiation from these big TV's could be a concern, particularly if you have small kids - they don't always observe the minimum distance rule.

What say you ppl? Is there scientific proof that MORE EM waves are emitted from TV's this big and can long-term exposure be harmful? (I already have a JVC 32".)

And yes, I know there are Federal standards that limit radiation from all TV's to a set amount - but I am looking for user opinions. I plan on having this in a small room where viewing distances vary from 6 to 9 ft. However, kids are up closer a lot....although I tell them to back up all the time. :rolleyes:

Thing is - I am open to looking at Plasma - but for comparable PQ, it's gonna be at a lot more dinero.......and even then IMO, it's gonna hard for Plasma to beat PQ on this baby. (It truly is awesome for both SD and HD.)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I remember as a kid growing up I was always told sitting too close to the TV would make you sick and make you go blind. That may have been true 30+ years ago, but the CRTs today emit less radiation and I just wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
22,273 Posts
How close and how much time do you sit in front of your PC's display?

Probably worse if you think about it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just make sure your kids drink enough milk (which contains Vitamin A for the eyes). Carrots are good for the eyes too. But don't let them overdose on vitamin A because you can die from overdosing on vitamin A. I would keep them away from liver because it contains too much vitamin A. I heard that these hunters killed a bear, ate its liver and then died from vitamin A poisoning.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
I now wear glasses because I've been using a laptop for over 4 years so I don't think an LCD is that much better

·
Banned
4,296 Posts
Quote:
I now wear glasses because I've been using a laptop for over 4 years so I don't think an LCD is that much better
won't that be from old age, or squinting to read tiny text????

·
Registered
22,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilite
I heard that these hunters killed a bear, ate its liver and then died from vitamin A poisoning.
And this one time... at band camp... :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.