AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the reasons that my set would be calibrated to 16k at the lower end of the greyscale on all inputs.The blue is dominating everything.I checked the manual about setting the trimpots and my set in no where close to what the manual states!When I check the 3 colors in service I can only see the blue(very bright even in daylight,and a hint of red showing through the blue but cannot see green....Why would they set blue so high??

Does hitachi set greyscale differently than other manufacturers?There is no blue drive where it seems most manufacturers do that with green.Do calibrators use a different method to tune in greyscale on hitachis as apposed to other sets because of the lack of blue drive??

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
blue is, in crt's, the dominant color, i.e. it's easiest to get the most light output from blue than red or green.

There's probably nothing sinister about the factory calibration. I'll bet it's just a case of non-calibration.

Best,

jeff

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Because marketing studies tell them people buy TVs that look like this. You bought it ... didn't you?

Regards

·
Registered
964 Posts
hi guys

Trueblue, you are correct. the blue crt is driven the hardest to create blue.

Color sensitivity goes from Green to Red to Blue (lastly).

regards

Gregg

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes its blue..just went into service and the blue is screaming at me..even in daylight....the strange thing is that according to the manual when setting pots..turn down till you can barely see them...yet my set is no where close to that.Why would that be....The only differences I see in other settings in my set to whats written in the manual are the drive settings for cool...even the cutoffs for all temps are the same!!!Just trying to understand better.Thanks

·
Banned
20,735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeno /forum/post/0

blue is, in crt's, the dominant color, i.e. it's easiest to get the most light output from blue than red or green.

There's probably nothing sinister about the factory calibration. I'll bet it's just a case of non-calibration.

Best,

jeff

Huh? what? No blue is by far the hardest to get light output from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.