AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to reset a Motorola dct6200 cable box. Mine doesn't have the DVR. i was messing around with the cable box and got it say "rst" on the cable box lcd. There must be a way to reset it but i can't figure out what to do after the "rst" comes up or even if that is what rst stands for.

· Registered
1,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38nust /forum/post/0

Does anyone know how to reset a Motorola dct6200 cable box. Mine doesn't have the DVR. i was messing around with the cable box and got it say "rst" on the cable box lcd. There must be a way to reset it but i can't figure out what to do after the "rst" comes up or even if that is what rst stands for.
This information may help.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
I believe unplugging the stb for a few minutes will force it to go through its normal boot process. Are you having a problem with your stb that you're trying to solve?

· Registered
2 Posts
does anyone know what the what all the below total means?

when i look in the diagnostic settings i see

unsent 00 ( i assume this is ppv's purchased that havent been sent to cable company)

unack 01

last rb time Feb 60 1998 7:27:12

stack limit 14

show count 3

credit total 20894

debit total 6293

· Registered
1 Posts
Use with caution - I do not recommend doing the following...

Hold down power and select while unplugging unit. Continue holding down and plug back in. Hold for about 15 seconds, and unit will show FE and reboot and run through DL with a spinning indicator on the display. After about 45 minutes of DL, unit should indicate FR then go to channel 0. At this point you need to contact the cable operator and force a reset. After the reset unit will still be kind of brain dead. Unplug the power and re-plug in and unit should be back to normal.

Foodog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.