AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an experience with the Def Tech subs sold as factory sealed and refurbished? Is Def Tech pretty good about warranty on these? Still trying to determine what exactly the warranty length is on these.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amheck /forum/post/19583021

Does anyone have an experience with the Def Tech subs sold as factory sealed and refurbished? Is Def Tech pretty good about warranty on these? Still trying to determine what exactly the warranty length is on these.

Contact Def Tech and ask. Make sure these are legit.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks. I guess that would be pretty obvious.

I called them and they said there's only 1 ebay seller that is authorized to refurbish them. And the ebay seller I was looking at is the one. He's selling a Supercube 1 for $630 shipped, which seems like a pretty good deal. Although I believe the warranty is only 90 days.

At that price, it comes in almost the same price as the SVS SB12-NSD. I guess it comes down to whether the warranty would be worth the risk.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
This is a tough one. It boils down to what your gut tells you. Mine would tell me to look elsewhere. You don't know why it needed to be refurbished or what they did to refurbish it. But the just-over-half the new price is attractive.

·
Registered
44 Posts
bajawaverunner, i was going to get the refurb supercube1 but he wanted 700 at the time, i knew they went on sale, i contacted him and he said the next sale would be in a few weeks, so i did research, and bought an HSU Vtf3-mk3 on sale and i could not be happier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts