AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Panasonic E95H which I've had for about 3 years now I think. Over the last 6 months it has become unreliable. When booting up, it can cycle through anything from 2-6 times before it's ready. I can record to the hard drive and watch the programmes, however now I cannot record any dvd's although I can play shop bought ones without problems. As soon as it starts the dubbing process it reboots itself and wrecks the disk, saying that it's invalid.

The local Panasonic retailer says that it's the hard drive which is failing. - can anyone shed any light on this?

regards

Pendle

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Sounds more like the optical drive since you can still record to the HDD but not to the optical drive. Your symptoms sound similar to an optical drive failure I encountered on my old DMR-E80 a few years back. You should probably get it diagnosed/serviced by an authorized service center vs. your local retailer who doesn't sound like they are too "on the ball" with DVD recorder technology.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendle /forum/post/0

Unfortunately the local retailer is the authorised service centre for my area!! I have also tried calling Panasonic's customer support, but they weren't very helpful either.

Chances are the fellow you talked with at your local retailer isn't the repair technician. Go back and ask if you can talk to the repair guy, chances are he'll be able to give you a better idea as to what the problem is and what it would take to get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.