AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After prepping and cleaning the wall, I put two coats of kilz2 on there. There used to be a strip of wood trim that ran across the wall horizontally. When I took that off I found that the previous coat of paint had gone over the trim and underneath was unpainted. There was some sort of pinkish brown color underneath, not sure what that is (some sort of primer maybe? definitely wasn't the drywall but some sort of paint). Now today that line is still faintly visible after the 2 kilz coats. Should I keep putting on primer coats over whole screen until its not visible, or should I just redo the area where the line is visible? I plan on wet sanding a couple days after the last primer coat if that makes any difference. An N8 neutral gray + poly mix will go on after that.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The gray will cover better than the white kilz primer, but I would try and cover it with at least one more coat of kilz.

This is what I would do, but I don't really know if it is the best way to do it.

Sand over the strip about 3 or 4 inches either side of the line to get it as flat as possible. The line will become more visible. Now paint the sanded area with primer. Then sand very lightly to remove any lines, and paint the whole screen with one more coat of primer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts