AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As I'm running the break-in DVD today on my brand new TH-42PZ85U from my PS3, I'm noticing in light shades of color (light green and light blue especially), there seems to be a very faint vertical line going down the screen about 4" from the left of the screen.

It almost looks like burn-in but like I said, this is a brand new set that I just got today. It's not a 1-pixel wide line going down the screen, it seems more like the rest of the screen is lighter and this line would be darker and vice versa.

Any fix for this? Am I doing something wrong? Or is my brand new TV screwed up?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update: I'm not sure if this is confined to my PS3 or not. I unplugged everything, plugged everything back into my Monster power strip, plugged into a different outlet, but could still see it in specific shades of color on the break-in DVD.

On the DVR, I couldn't really see it, but then again I'm not looking at direct shades of color.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RMA'd this TV tonight with Newegg. They'll situate some kind of replacement for me ASAP.

From what I've researched on the forum, this is an issue with the PZ80 and 85, seems like I got unlucky

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have had mine since mid December, and there is nothing of this nature on mine that I can see but now i am going be looking at my TV nose to screen for the next 45 minutes. THANKS A LOT. Good luck with the set my friend. I got mine in canada, perhaps it's just a lil better? hahahahah lol

Cheers.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrimmer /forum/post/15513111

I have had mine since mid December, and there is nothing of this nature on mine that I can see but now i am going be looking at my TV nose to screen for the next 45 minutes. THANKS A LOT. Good luck with the set my friend. I got mine in canada, perhaps it's just a lil better? hahahahah lol

Cheers.

Up close you can't see it. It's very, very easy to see on an angle with light blue and green shades that illuminate the screen. Watch the break in DVD in a dark room and look at the TV about 6' back from an angle. I first noticed this however watching the TV straight on about 6' back on my bed. But, angles make it show a lot easier.

Normally, this wouldn't bother me but I'm setting up my bedroom to double as a Home Theater spot which of course includes low light environment and people viewing the TV from angles. That's not gonna fly.

And of course since the TV is only 3 days old I figured I'd submit the RMA and get a new one instead of just "living with it".

To clarify, I don't pay a dime to have this TV picked up and shipped back to Newegg. They take care of the shipping of the defective unit, processing, and shipping a new one. Not one dime. This is the reason I bought it from Newegg at $50 more than Amazon.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update: Newegg is absolutely amazing.

They shipped my new TV yesterday, the same day my RMA was submitted, and even upgraded me to AIT White Glove Delivery.

Can't wait to get my replacement. This has been so painless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 42PZ80U, and there is a 3" vertical red/purple bar which appears after a few hours of vieweing. It also appears about 4" from the left side.

I've had the TV since April, and the issue first arose in September. I called Panasonic and they sent a repair person, and it was gone for a few months. But now it just returned today. Seriously? Is this tv that unreliable that it would break twice in under a year?

The TV only gets minimal use (maybe about 3 or 4 hours per week on avg), and I don't really play video games or do anything that could cause burn in. Does anyone know the issue? If I turn the TV off for 30min, it will go away and then come back after about an hour.

Is it worth having repaired again, or will Panasonic send me a new tv? I haven't even had this thing a year yet!!!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
lol, I wonder what brand that was.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasrbeast /forum/post/15513731

To clarify, I don't pay a dime to have this TV picked up and shipped back to Newegg. They take care of the shipping of the defective unit, processing, and shipping a new one. Not one dime. This is the reason I bought it from Newegg at $50 more than Amazon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts