AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owner wants to downgrade to a 42. has the 50" for 3 months (receipt avail). he has the CC year warrenty on the unit as well (till 08). Whats a fair price for this tv?

thanks

·
Registered
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHodorov
Owner wants to downgrade to a 42. has the 50" for 3 months (receipt avail). he has the CC year warrenty on the unit as well (till 08). Whats a fair price for this tv?

thanks
Half.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Half is a little crazy. If he has all the paperwork, and the unit is in excellent condition with no dead or stuck pixels, then that is actually in some ways better than buying sight unseen. You never know what you might get from an unopened box.

I sold my 37px50u for $400 less than retail. Both I and the buyer thought that was fair. I was buying a 42phd8uk and wanted to cover most of that cost.

Really he should just sell it for the same price that he is buying the 42" for. That way he gets what he wants and you get a decent deal on something you want.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That sounds fair to me. You save $1k off retail and no tax.

John

·
Registered
681 Posts
Find out if the warranty is transferrable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They were selling them new for $3300 out the door over the holidays down here in Miami, so, that doesn't sound like too good of a deal to me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are 4k+tax in the local b&m and 3300 + shipping online.. i guess if the warrenty is trasferable its a good deal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.