AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the sad time has come to sell my NHT 2.5i pair in Mahogany and also my AC-1.

I have no real sense, however, what they are worth.

Can anyone tell me what a fair asking price is for the pair of speakers and also the center channel. I suppose I could keep the center (and I might), but I figure someone might want all three... and perhaps even the SuperZeros I use for surrounds.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mark

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'd say about $800 for both in excellent condition. A little less if no. They were $1900 new for all three. Probably $600 and $200 individually.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
The "real price" is what the stated at Audiogon.com as most everyone refers to it. The AC-1 may fetch a little more as the NHT centre channels, especially the AC-2, seem to be in demand.

- Andy

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
The AC-2 is more in demand because it is a perfect match for the 2.9/3.3s, but was made towards the end of the 2.9/3.3 production run and never in enough quantity to satisfy demand. So there are far more people that want AC2s than have them for sale. The AC1 was made in far greater quantity and isn't a perfect match for the 2.5is, though it is the closest match.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I need to put the stuff for sale officially and take it from there.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
why does someone who has more than 11790 posts need to ask other people's advice about audio/video gear. Presuably, anyone with more than 10,000 posts would be qualified to make the decision themselves. Its like a policeman asking you "do you think I should write you a ticket?"

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Maybe it was 11790 questions? :)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have answered a good 10,000 questions in my time here. Lord, am I not entitled to ask a few now and again?

I got great advice on configuring a setup for my mom from folks here, which I was appreciative for. I've also helped hundreds of people buy plasmas and hundreds more buy RPTVs.

It's a community. Just because I am one of its "noisier" members, I should cede my rights to actually also be helped instead of merely helping others?

Mark

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
NO! you lose questioning rights when you cross the 10k barrier. You are then officially upgraded to Know-it-All status. You answer questions, you cant ask them. :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I "almost" pulled the trigger on a pair on eBay... The seller was local, and they fetched just over $500... I'm still kicking myself for not getting them :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.