AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think would be reasonable on a floor model 4280, slight scratches on the bezel with no signs of burn in. who knows how many hours its been on, but its a big box store so pioneers warranty still applies

would you do it for 1300?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
from my distance 1080p wont matter... are you saying youd take the panny over the 4280? are the black levels better in the kuro?

i remember when they were clearing them out 4-5 months ago people were snatching them up at 2k

·
Vendor
29,896 Posts
The New Panasonic TH-42PX80U can be had for a little over a grand. Maybe that is a better route for you then. The PDP-4280HD are nice units but not to much better, if they are better than the TH-42PX80U. Take a look see and see what you think, keep in mind it is a floor model with a lot of use.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've had both PX80U and 4280 and the Pio is miles ahead of the Panny. The PX80 is an entry level set and priced as such within the context of current year pricing. The Pio definitely has noticeably better black and much better processing, plus it doesn't suffer from low gamma (lost of image depth) like the PX80 (looks more washed out).

Back on topic - I'd go to the store and pull up the service menu to determine how many hours are on it, to use as negotiating leverage. The remote sequence is in the 8G Settings thread. With cosmetic blemishes, I'd probably get it down to $900-1200. Almost 3 months ago, my local BB was selling a perfectly fine floor model for $1350.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts