AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering selling my Ruby (VPL-VW100) projector. It is in great shape, mint condition considering it has about 1000 hrs (300 hrs on current bulb). What is a fair price to sell it for? I would also include mount, and box, with everything that came with it.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
I always check the bay for this sort of thing.

$1326 on the low side with 30 day warranty 2-28-2010

$2K-ish on the high side new lamp full warranty. 2-24-2010

·
Registered
573 Posts
I just picked one up with mount and under 200 original hours on it for $750 this week (it was a demo model used slightly then boxed up).

I think its worth much more but thats what I paid for it. The manual, cd were not opened and even came with original batteries still wrapped so it was about as pristine as possible.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I think so but I am biased, I wish it was a little smaller, little brighter and a little cooler at vent but its pic and case sure is purdy and price was almost a no brainer.I think they blacks look deeper than my Mitsu 6500 and its color is more film like than my Panasonic PTAX100 Thanks!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadnliz /forum/post/18256138

I think so but I am biased, I wish it was a little smaller, little brighter and a little cooler at vent but its pic and case sure is purdy and price was almost a no brainer.I think they blacks look deeper than my Mitsu 6500 and its color is more film like than my Panasonic PTAX100 Thanks!

Where does a Planar PD7130 fall in this list of projectors? I'm not up on this brand, but I hear it throws a good image.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Where do you guys find these low prices for such a good projector? I owned a ruby about 3 months ago, and loved it until I had to fork out major figures for a lamp.

·
Registered
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbase1 /forum/post/18257159

Where does a Planar PD7130 fall in this list of projectors? I'm not up on this brand, but I hear it throws a good image.

Wish I could help but as I dont have much experience with Planar I dont think I should give a opinion.

·
Registered
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbase1 /forum/post/18257170

Where do you guys find these low prices for such a good projector? I owned a ruby about 3 months ago, and loved it until I had to fork out major figures for a lamp.

Videogon dot com and then let your negtiation skills go from there, mine was listed for $3000 but well, I had naked pics of his wife...............jk

Seriously the times forces folks to sell for less than they desire as things are not moving, I waited till it was up a month and ad was ready to expire then pounced, plus I already had a unit so I was not desperate. So sometimes we just get lucky here and there, when mine needs a new bulb I will likely donate it to a friend and get something new or hope for another great deal on a used model.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
The Planar PD8130 (now known only as the Runco LS3) is a great projector in its own right. There are pros and cons from something like this to a Ruby. But we always have to remember that the Ruby is several years old...technology keeps moving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts