AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I bought a diva package a year or so ago from AV123. The package included:

- 6.1s

- C3 (tweeter on top)

- pair of R3's

The 6.1's and the C3 are the later, darker finish. The R3's are a bit lighter but it's not obvious when they're on the walls and not right beside the other speakers. One of the 6.1's was damaged in shipment and has a small, hairline crack in the piano finish which is visible under direct light (otherwise it's pretty indistinguishable). Other that that, all speakers are pristine.

I've probably listened to them for about 50 hrs before we moved to a temporary home. Since then, they've been boxed up. The new theater calls for speakers behind a perforated screen which seems a waste for such beautiful cabinets. I'm going to build my own kit speakers from raw mdf for this reason.

So, when I list them on audiogon, what's a fair asking price? I have the original inner boxes and the cloth covers, but did not keep the outer boxes.

I also have a set of 2.1's that I'm considering selling. In great condition, care to take a swing at what they're worth?

Thanks!

Jeff

·
Registered
109 Posts
I recently bought the exact same setup: 6.1/C3/R3 on Audiogon for $1250.00 (mint condition, no boxes). I think I got an oustanding deal & you could easily go higher

J

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by shine5555
Jeff,

I might be interested in the 2.1's. I have the R3's and was thinking about trading them for the 2.1's. Where in Huntersville are you?

- Scott
Wow! Small world. I'm at the north end of Beatties Ford Rd. just south of Hwy 73. How about you?

Jeff

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Thade
I recently bought the exact same setup: 6.1/C3/R3 on Audiogon for $1250.00 (mint condition, no boxes). I think I got an oustanding deal & you could easily go higher

J
I agree, that's a killer deal! Did you pick them up locally since there were no boxes or did you have them shipped anyway?

Again, excellent deal!

Jeff

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yo! I drove about 8 hrs round trip to pick them up but it was worth it.

J

p.s. Once upon a time, you could get a 3 page thread just for a mentioning Divas. Why the lack of response from Diva owners past or present?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thade
p.s. Once upon a time, you could get a 3 page thread just for a mentioning Divas. Why the lack of response from Diva owners past or present?
A lot of them now own Rockets and hang out at av123's forum.

·
Registered
488 Posts
go high, they are still good speakers. and now collector's itmes. haha..

-b

-(my friend recently sold a pro bmx evel kneivel bike that he had hanging around for a while. he marked it waaayyyy up partly as a joke as a rare find, and someone bought the thing!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.