Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faith Hill is 16 by 9 and appears to be HD. But not announced

·
Registered
681 Posts
Faith. HD. Yea Baby. Awesome.

Kudos to NBC... but I do not understand how they can just slip this in with no announcement. They have to make viewers at home wish they were seeing it in HD by constantly letting them know it is there.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Maybe all the ads for the HD broadcast were like the CBS "It's All Here" ad campaign - optional, and the local stations were free to replace them with local insertions.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I tuned in the first 3 minutes and it was not HD in Portland, maybe they threw the switch later.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Wow! It's great to be on the West Coast. After seeing the initial comments, we tuned right in from beginning to end. Can't wait to see it again in December. Too bad it was only an hour!

Tim

·
Registered
22,204 Posts
I caught the last fifteen minutes and looked great in HD!! Too bad only DD 2.0, standard for all digital channels here in Phoenix area!!! But even that sounds good with my Theta CB2 using Circle Surround!! Didn't record it tonight - I will on Dec. 21st with my Samsung 165 - JVC D-VHS combo!!!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hey Rudy, thanks for the tip. I caught your post 5 minutes before and ran to my JVC. Got the recording and the PQ looked great here in LA. Suspect this is what we can look forward to next March at the Oscars!!!

Now if CBS gets the 5.1 rolling like Bob Ross says in December maybe they will slip in the Grammy's!!!????

Wouldn't it be a change if NBC becomes the leader in HD native and live HD???

·
Registered
60 Posts
West coast here too, caught the whole thing thanks to Rudy and recorded it :) Quality was stunning and this was my first concert in HD and the first aired on "public" tv in HD too, i think.. Big thanks to NBC for such a nice surprise and I hope to see much more soon.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Picked up the NBC feed out of South Bend, In. and it was awesome !! Except for a few minutes into the programing,it kept switching from Hd to ... ? Think the local engineers were working on it?

But still, was really surprised to see it in HDTV !!

Great job NBC !!! :D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
DRATS! Missed it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Watched the whole show. Some of the best PQ I have seen. WRC-DT in DC seemed to start off in 5.1 sound, but the lip-sync seemed to be off and all the sound seemed to be coming out of the back speakers. After the first few minutes went to DD2.0.

·
Registered
396 Posts
they threw the switch about 5 minutes late in philly, but after they did....WOW!!!! some of the best PQ i've seen.

the backstage stuff looked like it originated on film and was transferred while the concert stuff looked like HD-video! i watched the whole thing despite the fact that i don't really care for Faith Hill.

Side note: digital audio center channel had a lot of hiss to it! maybe local to philly station, or maybe from the network feed. anyone else notice any center channel audio problems! problem wasn't there on the analog feed!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I watched the whole show here in Cleveland. Yes, the PQ was awesome, but my signal kept "twitching". That is, sometimes the picture and sound would momentarily freeze or get distorted. It was so annoying at times, I had to switch to the cable (analog) broadcast.

Did anyone else have this problem? If not, maybe I'll post to the hardware forum and see if I can get some help with it. I've had this problem before, but never this bad.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.