AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The 2007 release date sounds over-optimistic to me. But whatever year this comes out, I'm heading back to the Vaults!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Let's hope it doesn't have the same lame auto-leveling of random encounters as Oblivion. I don't want to see bandits walking around with Vindicator miniguns & Mk2 Advanced Power Armor just because I reached level 40. Fallout 1 & 2 didn't use any of this nonsense to simulate an organic world, primitive as they were by today's standards. I sometimes wonder if Oblivion was trying to simulate a MMORPG experience where you'd always be able to find encounters scaled to your level.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I loved Wasteland, and levelling issues aside, liked Oblivion. I wager that even if they have a levelling mechanic, they will learn from Oblivion and make it less of an annoyance (or, maybe junk it altogether!).

Looking forward to Fallout 3, but from what I have read, they have only been in serious production for a few months, so I would not expect it before 2008, if that.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: leveling

They should have certain areas level with the player. Maybe have leveling dependant on certain world events. It's easy in areas until X happens... etc.

I'm ok with how they did Fallout 2... just more please

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.