AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan are going (post-) nuclear...

The Westworld executive producers are developing a TV series based on the popular video game Fallout...the role-playing game takes place in the 22nd century, in the aftermath of a planet-wide nuclear war; inhabitants of underground “vaults” must venture into a radioactive wasteland in order to procure items that will help save themselves and their neighbors...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fallout-tv-series-westworld-creators-works-at-amazon-1301570

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan are going (post-) nuclear...

The Westworld executive producers are developing a TV series based on the popular video game Fallout...the role-playing game takes place in the 22nd century, in the aftermath of a planet-wide nuclear war; inhabitants of underground “vaults” must venture into a radioactive wasteland in order to procure items that will help save themselves and their neighbors...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fallout-tv-series-westworld-creators-works-at-amazon-1301570
Great news I'm a big fan of the games. Here's hoping it's a little more like the first 2 seasons of Westworld rather than the last.

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great news I'm a big fan of the games. Here's hoping it's a little more like the first 2 seasons of Westworld rather than the last.
I've played all the games except for the latest one (Fallout 76) which I heard was a dud...I'm not exactly sure how a TV version would work but I guess the post apocalyptic setting would be the main draw

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've played all the games except for the latest one (Fallout 76) which I heard was a dud...I'm not exactly sure how a TV version would work but I guess the post apocalyptic setting would be the main draw
Yes I'm thinking something like fallout 3 where they came out of the vault in a post apocalyptic setting. Be interesting to see if they include mutants and some other elements like the brotherhood of steel. At least with Amazon you can expect a big budget.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I haven't played Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 had a good main storyline about restoring water treatment and lots of side story and DLC missions that would each make for interesting episodes (though it might be jumping the shark if the show goes all in on the Mothership Zeta story). I just hope the casting gets Moira right.

·
Registered
12,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't played Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 had a good main storyline about restoring water treatment and lots of side story and DLC missions that would each make for interesting episodes (though it might be jumping the shark if the show goes all in on the Mothership Zeta story). I just hope the casting gets Moira right.
for me the least interesting part of the Fallout games are the main story...it's all about the exploration, side quests, discovery of new locations and quirky characters you run into...I usually save most of the main missions until I've done a ton of exploration

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
for me the least interesting part of the Fallout games are the main story...it's all about the exploration, side quests, discovery of new locations and quirky characters you run into...I usually save most of the main missions until I've done a ton of exploration
True. In 50- to 100-hour RPGs, I generally lose the thread of the main story mission.

·
Registered
14,360 Posts
Played every Fallout game, even Fallout Shelter. One of the best game franchises out there that continually improved itself. You can tell the game is a hit when they just mention a new one might be coming out and the fans go rabid for information. I hope the show isn't corny and they embrace the apocalyptic aspect. Not sure how they will handle the mutated animal aspects which could derail things if they do, perhaps they will just avoid that and focus on the vault dwelling/pockets of civilization.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,403 Posts
Then fallout 76 should be great for you. With the latest big NPC update, I gave fallout 76 a try for a couple hours and it felt just like fallout 4 or such to me. Of course I didn't try it a year ago when the world was devoid of NPCs. I think they pretty well fixed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts