AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon these message forums, and have been impressed with the level of knowledge regarding projectors. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the following:

I have a NEC MT-1050. Pretty good picture, but the fan noise is driving me nuts! Should I try to box it in? Or just use this one for work and get the new Sanyo or Sony model which has less audible noise? I need some suggestions! Thanks...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
There are a number of posts here and in the archive's for digital projectors regarding hushboxes that people have made. I've made one and fan noise is no longer an issue, and the cost was minimal ($25.00 tops). There's also a company called Whisperflow located at www.whisperflow.com that sells these. Good luck.

------------------

Steve

·
Registered
950 Posts
I've found, if you would even place this pj in a shelved box with no sound deadining material, on the sides of this box, the color wheel sound, aka fan noise, is negligeable while watching the movie, and that my enjoyment of the movie is not impared!

What type of PJ have you been watching that has not hindered your hearing??

What have you tried to eliminate this annoying effect?

VB

·
Registered
387 Posts
With all due respect to the Whisperflow people, I just think that those plexi boxes look... uh... less than appealing.

Personally I'd rather build something nice out of thick wood and line it with sound deadening material on the inside... but then again, tastes differ.

------------------

--

/Kimmo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.