AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone bothered by the fan noise from their 8VSB tuner module? Also, in my case the fan stays on even when the receiver is switched off. I was wondering if this is the case for everyone else!

Thanks.

·
Registered
730 Posts
When I'm watching TV, the sound basically drowns the fan noise out. However, it is really annoying that it is still on even when the unit is off. Hopefully they'll eventually release a new unit with a better chipset and no need to have a fan on all the time.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yes, the fan runs all of the time and yes it is an annoyance. While some people say the sound of the tv drowns out the sound of the fan, make no mistake that the fan noise will alter the acoustic environment in your room. It's almost like adding white noise to the room. After I got my 6000 and 8vsb module, I had to recalibrate my speakers with Avia because of the dynamics difference. I found I had to increase the center and rears one notch to account for the added noise in the room.

Someday there shouldn't be a need for this. After all, my tv doesn't have a fan running in it all the time, and it has a built-in tuner. I just keep chalking this up to being an "early adopter", although based on the original projections, DTV and HDTV should be in full swing by now. But of course, we all should have realized that the government would move just as slowly in this area as in most others. Can you say, "Waffle"? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/mad.gif

·
Registered
42 Posts
The fan in my RCA F38310 runs all the time. I wonder 'though' the base was made to hold quite a few of high power heaters like receivers etc. I had my dealer cut away the shelf, for my HP printer to fit in the base.

So really do I need a fan going 24 hours a day, if there is no heat producing receivers etc. in the base? I like the fact the set is locked into the base. No way can TV set can decide to fall on top of you, like a tv set did to me when I moved just the set to change cables. :-(

------------------

Gary Seven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.