AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: My CRT makes very huge noisey, I heard somebody on this forum said there are 7 fans total on 1272.But I just see 3 fans(2 on top & 1 on right side),and they make normal sound. The noise I have heard seems

be made form rear-middle of the machine(just under the end of green crt).

I am :confused: :

Who can tell me every fan`s position & which is noisest?

Thanks your help!
[email protected]

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well, on the 1271Q, which I imagine is the same as the 1272Q there are 2 fans on top (right and left) one located at the middle rear on top (very small fan) two at the rear (right and left side) and I believe 2 or 3 up front near the power supply board below the lens. I would imagine the noise you hear is from the small rear fan that is used for air flow through a heat sink. On one of mine it occasionally makes a noise and when I called Sony parts, if I remember correctly, that one was around $80.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the small 40mm fan fail, it was located at the rear just behind the heatsync, hidden behind the infrared receiver.

This fan makes a lot of noise when it failed, like a plane was flying right over my house. This little fan makes more noise then you think it could possible make.

The way to check it is to place you finger near this fan and feel if it fibrates a lot.

Anyway I replaced it with a fan of the same size, from an electronics shop. It was much cheaper then a Sony spare part, but you need to disable the fan sensor, which you may not want to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.