AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one of those black cabinets with glass doors to keep my components in. I would really like to find some fans that will run off of AC power and be *quiet* that I can add to keep some air moving around in there. Immediately, at least, there will be airspace over everything... but this cabinet will fill up.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
7,246 Posts
Also try www.pcpowerandcooling.com for the Silencer fan which is only 20 db. You will need a power supply. Try radio shack they sell a AC to DC converter for 29.95. The fans are DC and have a red and black lead coming from the back. Just run a wire from each lead and plug the converter in the wall. You can just place the fans on the shelf as they are pretty stable without any kind of support. Fans cost about 8.00 and they ship ususually on the same day depending on the time of day you place your order. The fans are powerful so I doubt that you will need more than 1 for each component at most. You may be able to get by with 2. One blowing air out and one blowing air in at the top of your cabinet. I use four for the twin towers on my cabinent. That is MORE than enough. My components ran hot but not are very cool to the touch. I suggest you buy a few and order more if you need them. Shipping is free!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.