AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost everybody has changed the fans on their Sony projector cause of the noise problem. I have encountered a problem with the sync signal that checks the RPM on the fan.

I have one original fan left and i "copy" that sync signal to all the other fans.

How have you guys or gals fixed that problem?

·
Registered
496 Posts
In response to a question similar to yours, I once suggested a simple 555 timer to make a PJ see a train of pulses similar to those a fan would generate. Mind you, Ive never seen a PJ with a failed tach circuit -- so I never had cause to analyze the circuit. Chuck Williams pointed out to me the tach monitoring circuit is not that smart... Basically it only shuts down the PJ when there is NO signal.

Given Chucks information, as I understand it one can give the tach wire a constant signal and most PJs will be happy with that. Im not sure if thats the case with the 1270 or not, but you can try it. The worst I can imagine that would happen is the PJ would think the fan stopped and shut down. As I have not verified this, the risk taken is up to you.

I believe a better solution is to install fans with a tach wire. That way you dont risk damage to the PJ when a fan stops spinning.

--Kieth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.