AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Faroudja chip can be seen inside a Panasonic RP-82 with the top cover only off? I took mine in for a repair today, but before I brought it to service, I wanted to document everything (condition, serial#'s, part#'s, etc.).

I didn't notice any chips that I could see from a top down view, with a Faroudja label. Hopefully, it is on the underside of a board and my player does have it-I know it is supposed to and that's why I bought it. Thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Be assured, it does have it. I remember a thread a while ago where there was difficulty spotting it. I believe it is on the bottom but could stand corrected. Panasonic never wanted to admit that any part it used was made by anyone else but them.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hi Redchrio,

I have opened my DVD-RP56 and DVD-RP82(my R3 unit) and the Faroudja video chip is located on the underside of daughter board. To get to it, you need to take the screws off which you'll see holding in the daughter board. Then you have to squeeze the little plastic thing which also holds the card then gently wiggle(since the DB's pins are connected to the MB socket) upward until the card pops off nicely.

Once the card is off, you will see the Faroudja chip, which is a approxmiate 1" square chip, with the word FLI2200. The word Genesis or Sage might be on it too, I don't recall. Putting the DB is easy since you need to push the card back into the MB socket.

Hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.