Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've heard and read a lot about the faroudja processing going in many a dvd and

projector models lately, my question is if the marantz 12S1 has 3 processing chips

in it at a price of $12,000, then how many chips does mitsubishi and optoma have in there models, what is the visual difference of having lets say 2 chips or 1 chip

instead of 3, i didn't think that faroudja had different levels of dcdi processing.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Each chip performs a different function.

FLI2000 - Video decoder. This chip takes in composite and YC and converts it to YCbCr. Philips and Samsung are other popular video decoders in use.

FLI2200 - Deinterlacer. This chip is the core deinterlacing engine. This does DCDi and other fun stuff.

FLI2220 - Video Enhancer. This chip performs detail enhancement on the video signal.

Most product use either the 2200 or the 2200 and 2220. Only the Marantz DLP and the Faroudja NR uses all three. (That I am aware of) Most DVD players use just the 2200. If you see the flying P logo on a DVD player, it has both 2200 and 2220 chips inside.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sspears
Each chip performs a different function.

FLI2000 - Video decoder. This chip takes in composite and YC and converts it to YCbCr. Philips and Samsung are other popular video decoders in use.
Hi Stacey,

Does that mean the FLI2000 act as a comb filter? Any different between the comb filter in Faroudja standalone scaler such as DVP2200/3000 and the NR compared to this chip? TIA.

regards,

Li On

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks SS for the info, i am looking at the mits xd200, which

of the chips would this model have in it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mer8- I understand all 3, but at least the first 2. Look at http://www.dcdi-video.com/products/pro/index.html for a list of all projectors with the DCDi software. It looks like 5-6 of these are XGA or 1280x720. (The Seleco- got $12,000?) Of these, the only XGA machines that are within the general price range of the MitsXD200 are the InFocus LP530 and the Toshiba TDP-T3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.