Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I was looking at the new Crutchfield catalog, which has a new progressive-scan Kenwood 400-disc CD/DVD/DVD-Audio changer (DV-5900M). I'm seriously thinking about buying this machine to replace the piece of **** Sony 300-disc DVD changer I bought a few months ago.

One thing that catches my interest about this changer is the Faroudja DCDi line doubler. Does anybody have any information about this doubler? How does it comapare with the DVDO/SiliconImage chip used in the Denon?

Thanks!

------------------

Mike Kobb

(Formerly "ReplayMike", but no longer affiliated with the company; these opinions are mine alone.)

[This message has been edited by JustMike (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just below this post are a two new threads with initial impressions about this new player's sister model, the 5700.

These DCDi-based players have been discussed extensively here too. Just do a search on Kenwood or 5900.

------------------

Michael Tchong

[This message has been edited by Prosumer.tv (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the pointers! I wasn't sure if a progressive-scan player counted as "HD" or not, so please forgive me if this was a bit off topic for this board.

------------------

Mike Kobb

(Formerly "ReplayMike", but no longer affiliated with the company; these opinions are mine alone.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.