AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Faroudja DILA NR. It was upgraded by the factory about 2 months ago with the new firmware.

I have been noticing a new problem: This occurs only in 16:9 setting in both Svideo and Component video outputs. This is not projector related but is Faroudja related (same thing happens on 2 projectors).

The problem: Some times (more often than not) there is a "sort of" a line at about 20% from the top. It is more obvious if there is a vertical pillar. The top 20% of the piller would be shifted to one side. When there is a switch in the movie from one shot to another (for example, when the camera is switched from one scene to another), the picture some what "tears" and regroups quite fast.

I was playing around with it just now and it went away (I did not even turn the power off).

Actually, I am now going to put an Avia disc and see what happens. Until now, I had never played Avia disc in a 16:9 mode. Now I will try a pattern in 16:9 mode to see what happens.

The unit is still under warranty. I am not sure if it is worthwhile sending it for repair - who knows what else could turn up!

Has any one else noticed this problem?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
That seems to be a hereditary defect on Faroudjas. I saw this on several models, including the 3000.

Usually, turning the power off and on solves the problem.

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
Same problem with my NRS plus Dila try toggling thru the input setting until it goes away.

LJG

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems like this problem is a normal Faroudja characteristic. Prior to the upgrade of firmware, even direct switching from svideo to component was usually troublesome. It is much better after the firmware upgrade.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a NRS+ with G15 and experience the same problem. I've never determined the cause or solution. Sometimes it happens and then just as randomly goes away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.