AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we likely to ever see the highest end Faroudja with SDI input? I am looking for something that will give me the best quality now (I have sdi modded rp56) as well as in the future with HD dvd in the next few years. I am not convinced that the Rock + would be significantly better in terms of picture quality, if any better at all, to my sdi silk htpc and rp56.... but I think the faroudja, if it had sdi, would be an improvement......

any comments??

thanks

·
Banned
6,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hifiaudio2
Are we likely to ever see the highest end Faroudja with SDI input? I am looking for something that will give me the best quality now (I have sdi modded rp56) as well as in the future with HD dvd in the next few years. I am not convinced that the Rock + would be significantly better in terms of picture quality, if any better at all, to my sdi silk htpc and rp56.... but I think the faroudja, if it had sdi, would be an improvement......

any comments??

thanks
hifiaudio2,

My suggestion is to try the Rock+ SDI and see for yourself. TAW has a 14 day return policy, so if you're not satisfied just return it and try something else. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality you'll get and you may change your opinion.

Good luck in your search for a processor, it's fun isn't it:)!!!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I doubt that the product will be a licensed Faroujda product. I don't think Faroujda allows third party scalers to carry their deinterlacing.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWigggles
I doubt that the product will be a licensed Faroujda product. I don't think Faroujda allows third party scalers to carry their deinterlacing.

-Mr. Wigggles
Well, if Vigatec has stockpiled enough FLI2200s and FLI2220s for their production runs, I doubt there's much Faroudja/Genesis can do to stop the release of this product. Even Genesis has prelimarily announced an I.C. using DCDi that also scales. I bet they will use it in more places than just Faroudja boxes...

-Dylan

·
Premium Member
8,098 Posts
dahester,

Come on - you're not seriously suggesting that Vigatec will go head to head with Sage...

They have to do this legally - or Sage would have blown them out of the water with lawyers faster than you can say Fah-Rude-Dja...

·
Registered
827 Posts
Dylan,

you are the smart guy :)

No matter what you gonna read, stay tuned for

the first new DUNEs.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Uwe,

Not that I'm against it. I hope you can pull it off one way or another.

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dahester

Well, if Vigatec has stockpiled enough FLI2200s and FLI2220s for their production runs, I doubt there's much Faroudja/Genesis can do to stop the release of this product. Even Genesis has prelimarily announced an I.C. using DCDi that also scales. I bet they will use it in more places than just Faroudja boxes...

-Dylan
The SAGE chips are a licensed product. They are under NDA - I had to sign one under our company name and references just to get a datasheet. I would imagine actual sales carry a contract that outlines the authorized use of the part and the trademark.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Query: if the new Dune outputs only 60hz, how will it work with plasmas like the Pio that have trouble with 60hz vs. 72?

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.