AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to program a third party remote using the Faroudja IR emitter instructions. I have successfully entered most of them, however the Direct Access for "Aspect ratio" and "Input" commands are confusing. The NR manual says:

To select an Aspect Ratio, a sequence must be used: Press Aspect + # (where 1= 4:3, 2=Letterbox etc.). It continues: "the timing of digits must be under .25 seconds after the commandis issued (does this mean Aspect button on front panel?).

Questions:

1) Which button do I press for Aspect prior to entering/pressing the corresponding digit? Is this the Apect button on the front or the somehow the Aspect as it appears in the I/R learning section.

2) I am unclear where the digits or numbers to come from. The remote and the front panel do not have digits - where do these digits come from that are supposed to be pressed within .25 seconds?

I have tried a couple of combinations and feel like a moron for having to ask this one.

Thanks in advance for any input (pardon the pun).

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
The last time I checked the NR's ability to output IR codes was inoperable. They were going to make a cable with an outboard IR emitter to connect to the IR port in the back of the unit to help correct this design flaw. If you aren't using the cable, you will never be able to get certain codes to work because the unit can't output them. It's not you being a "moron" it can't be done by anyone. Call Jeff Davis at Faroudja 408-735-1492 and explain your problem to him, he will know the answers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eric - Thanks for your input. I just figured it out. The sequence must be input into another remote which can accept the digits 0-9 (unlike the NR remote) and then one must press Input button and then press the corresponding digit as it appears in the amendment to the manual on the website to (e.g. 2 for direct access to the S-Video input).

I do in fact have the IR emitter and it works well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.