AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just receive my kit from Faroudja to upgrade my NRS to v2.7A. There are 4 chips that need to be replaced (no big deal, I build my own PCs). Of course, this will require a complete reset of all parameters, so I'm gonna wait until the weekend to do the fix.

There is no information in the kit as to what this version fixes. I'll drop a line to Jeff and see if he can provide more information. I'm expecting that this version upgrade will fix my inability to navigate via the OSD menu.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
J.Mike:

Please explain how you're getting the upgrades. This is another confusing area with Faroudja. It seems to me dealers aren't clued in and that you have to go direct to F, which I thought they discouraged.:(

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim,

As you know, I have a specific issue/defect with my NRS. When I contacted Jeff at Faroudja for support, he said he would ship me the new firmware that corrects my problem.

That's all I know.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just completed the swap -- very easy to do. Wow, it's nice to have full control of the OSD, it makes setup so much easier. :D

I haven't had time to see if there is any difference to video processing with this revision. The menu action does seem a bit less flakey.

For me, the NRS is just a great addition to my humble little theater.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Yes, sure would like to know what this upgrade does. Thanks!

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the response from Jeff:
Quote:
Hi Mike,

The 2.7 and 2.7a versions of software do not have enhancements in them to enhance the picture. These versions of software at this time is being used in the following display rates 540p, 720p, 1366 x 768 and 1360 x 1024.

We are addressing issues that customers reported .

540p- issue with display as you had.

720p- Issue of not being able to change the blacking to gray on both sides of image when 4 x 3 was selected.( We only had one customer officially contact us about this)

1366 x 768- tweaking of the display rate to work better with the plasma displays it is used with( mostly NEC 50 and 61 inch)

1360 x 1024- update to allow use with JVC M2000 series of projectors.

Regards,

Jeff Davis

Faroudja Technical support

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.