AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up my new Faroudja NRS Plus (dila version) with a FPCRT. I noticed that the sync timings must be different than those on my older faroudja, as well as my htpc. Relative to my older faroujda, I need to to horizontally shrink the image and significantly shift it to the right. I also tried plugging the NRS into my computer monitor, and have the same result.

Question: Is this normal behavior for the NRS Plus? Is the timings (front porch/back porch) on a DILA that different? Will I have a problem with my new G90 thats getting installed in a couple of weeks?

I've cross posted this to the video processor thread.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I would think this would be perfectly normal. Any device that puts out a different scan rate or refresh frequency is going to require the CRT to use a different memory slot. Each of those slots will require a completely separate geometry/convergence/colorimetry setup. I would not expect an HTPC, and HDTV, and a scaler all to use the same projector memory, unless they were all putting out an identical signal.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim. You are right, I did have to set up a new memory slot, and I did (a rough) convergence.

I'm concerned, though, that the "position shift" settings were quite a bit different than for any of my other memory settings. I had to set the shift to +50 (on a -100/+100 scale) on my nec 135LC. This is much more shift than I use for my Faroudja vp301, or any of the settings on my HTPC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.