AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Shooting has now resumed for “Fast & Furious 7,” and [email protected] has learned exactly how Paul Walker will remain in the film.

“They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul’s physique and they will be used for movement and as a base,” one source close to production tells us. “Paul’s face and voice will be used on top using CGI.”

Our insider adds that this is option number one producers and Universal Pictures have decided on, and that the studio feels confident fans of the franchise will feel satisfied with the result. - 
BY MARIANNE GARVEY, BRIAN NIEMIETZ AND LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT
Friday, March 21, 2014, 2:30 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/fast-furious-7-double-time-walker-article-1.1728704

·
Registered
18 Posts

Does anyone else find this disturbing? I mean, what's preventing us from doing this with any deceased actor? Why not use CGI to put Marlon Brando's face on some body double? Just strange where technology takes us...

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
It should be noted though, that they're doing this only to retire his character in a, hopefully, gracious and respectful way, not "to keep him the film"... 13 years ago they did the same in Gladiator for Oliver Reed and nobody was shocked.

Based on the previous statements from Universal, Vin Diesel's and others involved in the production, there's no reason to believe that it won't be done properly, and respectfully.

Reactions: darthrsg

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1524269/fast-furious-7-will-shoo...gi-to-keep-him-in-the-film/0_60#post_24532034

Based on the previous statements from Universal, Vin Diesel's and others involved in the production, there's no reason to believe that it won't be done properly, and respectfully.
Although I am not a fan of the series, I do hope they pull it off well.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Seems creepy to me. Not sure I buy the honorary send off thing. When has Hollywood ever been known for anything but greed?

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1524269/fast-furious-7-will-shoo...ith-cgi-to-keep-him-in-the-film#post_24532313

Seems creepy to me. Not sure I buy the honorary send off thing. When has Hollywood ever been known for anything but greed?

Fans of the franchise loved him and his character. If they don't do it right, it might not compromise the success of this 7th film, but it might be a different story for #8 and #9 if your fanbase doesn't show up, and I guess Universal doesn't want that (9 films are planned if I'm not mistaken)

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo  /t/1524269/fast-furious-7-will-shoo...ith-cgi-to-keep-him-in-the-film#post_24532353

Fans of the franchise loved him and his character. If they don't do it right, it might not compromise the success of this 7th film, but it might be a different story for #8 and #9 if your fanbase doesn't show up, and I guess Universal doesn't want that (9 films are planned if I'm not mistaken)
I hope they replace him with Shia Laboof. Not that I watch these F&F movies...

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
When has Hollywood ever been known for anything but greed?
Don't look to me for an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1  /t/1524269/fast-furious-7-will-shoo...gi-to-keep-him-in-the-film/0_60#post_24532444

I hope they replace him with Shia Laboof.
What's with this Shia Labutt thing today?

Is it his birthday?

·
Registered
28,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy388  /t/1524269/fast-furious-7-will-shoo...ith-cgi-to-keep-him-in-the-film#post_24531877

Does anyone else find this disturbing? I mean, what's preventing us from doing this with any deceased actor? Why not use CGI to put Marlon Brando's face on some body double?

Have you not seen CGI Audrey Hepburn in the Dove chocolate commercials currently airing on TV? Don't kid yourself, much more of this is coming.

·
Registered
30,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy388  /t/1524269/fast-furious-7-will-shoo...ith-cgi-to-keep-him-in-the-film#post_24531877

Does anyone else find this disturbing? ...Why not use CGI to put Marlon Brando's face on some body double?
Why not? Will any thinking person really believe that a young Marlon Brando acted in a current movie? Tron:Legacy had a 40-year-old Jeff Bridges playing the villian (the CGI wasn't convincing, but I give them points for attempting something ambitious). I didn't find that "disturbing". YMMV.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes  /t/1524269/fast-furious-7-will-shoo...ith-cgi-to-keep-him-in-the-film#post_24539403

It actually looked really good until he started talking. For some reason the lip movement looked worse than a video game.
I thought the same. Once he started talking it fell apart, relatively speaking. It was still an impressive effort for what it was. Probably the most impressive thing about that horrible movie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts