AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know somewhere in this forum this was discussed but my searches came up pretty unsuccessful so here goes. While watching football on my Samsung DLP, the images blur slightly when the camera pans quickly across the field (is this dithering?). It only happens with a digital cable signal and not movies via DVI. Is this "curable" in some way in the SM menu with some tweaks or is this inherent in the DLP technology. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
mosher,

Things on the Sammy DLP appear to be highly dependent on the input type used. There are claims that you will get a better picture using the antennae input, for example, than if you are pulling things off a cable box with component cables. You will also need to consider how much the local cable company is compressing your digital signal. The local cable company in the Dallas area, for instance, puts out a digital picture that to my eyes is far worse than what you see on DirecTV.

The net net here is that the Sammy does not do well with a poor input signal. It can tend to make it worse than it started out. Good inputs produce very nice images, however. If you love your HD and DVD picture on the Sammy then your next quest should be for better inputs.

·
Registered
441 Posts
After reading your post, it seems to me that it is the signal and not the DLP. Why would it only happen for sports and not movies. It is the signal and not the DLP - your set is fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.