AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Sacramento area, and I received 3.7 this morming at 12:20AM. In just a few minutes of playing around, navigating the guide seemed noticeably faster.

Not trying to tease the east coast people, just wondering if anybody else had noticed this, or is it just my imagination?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Call me crazy, but I could swear the guide is faster too.. that was one of the first things I noticed after I received the update. I live in good old sunny San Diego.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by notlocddot
Call me crazy, but I could swear the guide is faster too.. that was one of the first things I noticed after I received the update. I live in good old sunny San Diego.
I never really thought guide was that slow after the 3.5 upgrade. 'Searching' was always really slow. I thought that was supposed to speed up in 3.7, but I haven't really noticed much improvement.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I don't have my #%^%!*@& upgrade yet :rolleyes:, but some of the upgrade posts mention that the UTV "resets" after the upgrade. If so, that should wipe out the guide and start rebuilding it. The guide is always faster in that situation, until it fills up with the entire 2-weeks of information again. So, do you have a full guide along with the UTV seeming faster?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, my guide was full at the time when it felt faster. It's not a huge difference, like when 3.5 came out, but it seems to be a tad bit more responsive. Either that or my coffee is too strong this morning.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Actually your coffee was probably a little weak making you sluggish and thus the responsiveness of the guide seem better.

Also, if the UTV upgraded and rebooted at 12:20am, and you tried accessing the guide that very same day there is no possible way the guide was complete for all channels for the entire 2 weeks. It takes a minimum of 24-48hrs to fully populate the guide. That assumes 100% perfect transmission of the guide data and that there was a free tuner to receive guide data for the full time period. With both tuners unused the guide can populate the full 2 weeks in 24hours. With 1 tuner or less some parts will be missed an caught at a later time. Thus the 24-48 hour time range.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The guide is about the same once it fills up.. (more data).

Changing channels seems faster to me using up/down channels.

New key to move 12 hrs ahead or back in guide ins nice... forward/reverse (3 hrs at whack..) using ship forward or back.

Custom channels are nice if you set them up say for sports or movie channels etc..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.