AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which software is the fastest to allow me to transfer large files from one location to another via the net?

Free is preferred of course, though I woudl spend a little if major difference.

·
Registered
847 Posts
heh, if ur doing p2p transfer, then its all going to depend on your upload speed. U can use anything to transfer a file from one person to the next, AIM, mIRC, etc....no software is going to help you transfer anything faster.

If your wanting to transfer something to yourself, setup a workgroup and have a gigabit router and nic and your transfer should be very fast.

If your wanting to transfer to multiple people, i say newsgroups are very good since onces it uploaded, the person/ppl downloading get to use their full download speed to get the file. Torrents are good as well once you get enough seeders.

·
Registered
517 Posts
FTP (file transfer protocol) is still considered as one of the best ways go get files from A to B. FTP client and server applications have been around a very long time and are very mature. There are pros and cons to the protocol but it has very little overhead which makes it efficient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.