·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds neat.

http://kotaku.com/5025699/fat-prince...ld-be-our-gots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotaku /forum/post/0

It's not often a product description like this comes along, so I'm going to let it speak for itself:

Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There’s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it’s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

Yes. It's 16v16, online carnage, as you fight over - and drag - a morbidly obese woman across the battlefield. There's 10 maps, five character classes, and one writer's captured heart.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Thanks for the post, the small snippets they showed at the conference made me curious.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
So, it's basically capture the f.l.a.g.*

* Fabulously Large Assed Gal.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
The IGN hands-on was extremely positive.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/890/890482p1.html
Quote:
Fat Princess isn't just good, it's really good. It's by far the best PlayStation Network game I've played since PixelJunk Monsters, it's the best videogame I've played in quite sometime, and I'm pretty sure it's going to end up getting my vote for the best game at E3.

Yeah, I'm surprised too.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, as I understand it, it's more like luring the princess with food to bring her back to your place where your team can have your way with all the folds of fat on the princess.

How's that for a visual?

EDIT: Just read Slacker's link to the IGN article. I stand corrected.

The goal of these battles depends on the mode you're playing -- obviously team deathmatch is all about eradicating the other squad -- but at the heart of the game is Capture the Princess. When you start a game, each team's base will have their opponent's princess inside. All the enemies that are assaulting your base will be trying to get in and get their fair lady out. Now, you can kill these guys if you like, but your best defense is to go outside of your stronghold and find pieces of cake and other dessert items. You'll then bring these snacks to the opponent's princess, force her to eat them, and watch her get fatter. Big gals are heavy and that means your opponents are going to have in groups to carry her fat ass back home.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Chubby girls are going to love this.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
OK, I didn't give this game a chance at first glance, but now that I know somewhat how it plays I'm definitely interested, especially since most of my game time is already playing CTF_2Fort in the multi-class title TF2.

Hopefully the bloody messes don't camouflage the red team in ways that affect gameplay. Also, it'd be nice if blood can be turned off to play with kids, but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalnoise /forum/post/14301931

to me it just sounds like a cel shaded version of castle crashers( a XBL game being made by the team behind alien homonoid)

It's a cell shaded version of Capture the Flag, a game played for hundreds of years.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Count me in. It will remind me of my college days when chubby chasing was in....

·
Banned
2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrodie617 /forum/post/14302626

Count me in. It will remind me of my college days when chubby chasing was in....

Chubby chasing was never in. You just watched too much Maury Povich.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/14302597

Hopefully the bloody messes don't camouflage the red team in ways that affect gameplay. Also, it'd be nice if blood can be turned off to play with kids, but we'll see.

Kinda funny that you can instantly play it with kids if the blood is off, nevermind the fact that you're forcing a morbidly obsese princess to each cake and sweets so that her kingdom cant carry her back. Think the gluttony sin from Seven and make it "cute".

edit: Dont get me wrong...I'll be playing along with the rest of you. But its still pretty sick if you think about it.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmonkeee /forum/post/14301676

So, it's basically capture the f.l.a.g.*

* Fabulously Large Assed Gal.

LOL yes..capture the fat chic

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
Hey, they could release a G-rated Se7en with the right edits, some musical sequences and a laugh track

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/14303346

Hey, they could release a G-rated Se7en with the right edits, some musical sequences and a laugh track

Given how Hancock mananged to stay pg-13 I'd say you're correct.

·
Registered
12,175 Posts
 An angry mob of feminists are coming for our beloved Fat Princess with torches and pitchforks!

It's on now! Day one purchase.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow /forum/post/14345981

An angry mob of feminists are coming for our beloved Fat Princess with torches and pitchforks!

It's on now! Day one purchase.

I was gonna buy it. Now I'm gonna buy it for my friends too.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Strange that it takes an overweight princess for people to start tossing the "heterosexist" label around. I mean, this industry is built on horribly sexist characters like Peach and Lara Croft and pretty much every other female character in every game ever made.

Why does everyone always pick on the fat kid?

If anyone's being "sizist," it's these critics. They should have been up in arms over all of the unfair promotion of thin body types throughout most of gaming's history. These critiques are coming from some horribly uninformed, misguided, and politically uneducated people. Their arguments are 20 years too late.

Fat Princess is going to rock! And if anything can make an overweight woman feel sexy(er) and (more) empowered, it's this game!

1 - 20 of 267 Posts