AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pioneer Hd set top box has been registering a fatal error requiring me to unplug for a bit. This seems to be happening more often than not. Anyone know why this may be occuring?

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
A fatal error in e-mail is not so fatal, it means that your message can't be sent to the right address. In your Pioneer it probably also means you have to reprogram something. I own 2 F1007 300 CD Jukes that are Pioneer it's a good company that make good products. Look in your manual for such a item, or if it states you call the company they usually have a toll free number for help, they unlike companies like PFE(The Final Countdown disc) want to please and help their customers.

When ever I see a error code I look it up in my manual, if I can't find it I do as above. I just answered another simular type of question, by saying unplug the unit for a minimum of 48 hours. In that length of time all memory that isn't ROM (Remeber Only Memory), will be lost or cleared IMHO. I hope this helps you :)

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
30 seconds should be enough to clear volatile memory and Kevinw is already doing that. It's like a computer. Fatal error means the box can't continue without a reboot. Having it happen often in a box where the software isn't reachable would make me think it's:

1. A software problem (which other people would also be having) and would need to be corrected by the manufacturer.

2. A hardware problem which would require calling the manufacturer.

Therefore, contacting the manufacturer as Hob suggests would also be my recommendation. That ROM thing was a joke wasn't it?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called the manufacturer and they said it was more than likely one of 2 things...a chip needing replacement or the box overheating.

The box was stacked on top of my audio receiver. I moved it last night to see if heat was a factor. When I turned on the box everything was fine including 2 additional stations that had come on line in the Atlanta area.

I am hoping the error was a combination of the heat and the new stations sending a weak signal untill they were ready to deliver programming.

I will have to wait and see...

·
Registered
432 Posts
My Pioneer SHD 09 tuner will give the same error from time to time.

It usually happens when it can't find a channel that it has previously mapped.

There are a lot of trees and multipath problems with all the hd tuners I have tried.

The Pioneer tun er seems to have the most problems.

I'm still WAITING FOR THE SOFTWARE UPGRADES and the magical future upgrade card for the magic slot. Ya right Pioneer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.