AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All,

I've been thinking of the scones for the HT room and ran an idea by the mrs and she like the idea of a faux gas lantern for wall scones. Saying 'faux' implies I am not looking for an actual burning lamp, but rather a fake solution based on electricity.

Anyone got any recommendations? I get the feeling I'll be doing a lot of lamp+base testing before retrofitting into a lantern housing.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
The best gas lantern types of lights are actually outdoor lights. Check out HD or Lowes outdoor light section. I used lantern style outdoor lights in a log home we built and they looked great. I also bought a very rustic set that I plan to use in my HT build.

They're cheap and they work great. But like Big said, you need to caulk them to eliminate any rattle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Another possible source is Rejuvenation . They specialize in period lighting, and the prices aren't too obscene. I used quite a few of their fixtures in a renovation I did a few years ago. Here are a few samples that might work, is this what you had in mind?

The first one is my favorite. But it costs a pretty penny. I like the second one also, but it too is pretty expensive... OK, I take it back, maybe their prices can be obscene.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.