AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
JVC RS3100 | Benq HT9050 | MADVR | 130in 2.35:1 | 5.2.2
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this LED projector to let my nephew watch is kiddy shows. He always wants to watch his shows in my theater, but I don't want to waste hours on my bulb. So, I got him this.

Its Native Resolution is 640x480 and its only 200 bucks. The lumen is rated at 400. It's LED so it has a 20,000 lamp life. It has HDMI, Composite, Component, S-Video, and VGA video inputs, and it projects up to 120in.

I can't get it to give me a 16:9 image at all, only 4:3.

I'm going to measure the lumens again because I got only 101 out of the rated 400.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
That all makes sense.. it is not a native 16:9 projector and no projector is going to give you advertised output. .. What exactly did you think you would get for $200?

·
Registered
JVC RS3100 | Benq HT9050 | MADVR | 130in 2.35:1 | 5.2.2
5,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes /forum/post/0

That all makes sense.. it is not a native 16:9 projector and no projector is going to give you advertised output. .. What exactly did you think you would get for $200?

Never said I was mad, its good enough for a 3 year old. It actually don't look that bad

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
you should try the optoma pt100
Quote:
16:9 wide screen display (854x480 native resolution)

Works with most video game consoles including Wii and PS3 (adapter may be required), DVD players and set-top boxes

LED light source for excellent color and a long lifetime of over 20,000 hours

Built in speaker for gaming and movies

Versatile VGA and audio/video inputs mean you can connect the PT100 to: Game consoles (Cable and adapters may be required); Computers; DVD players; Cable and Satellite receivers; Digital still and video cameras; VCRs.

50 lumens dlp,the bright boxe (same pj) can be found at targets priced all over the place under 35$ to 200$- mostly priced around 75$ ,if you can do without hdmi.

I tried a topwing http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Projector.../dp/B003RX4LWK looks like similar spec wise-power supplys get to hot for me and the are just meh-mine had a hdmi shake every few seconds,the picture would shudder.white led behind a lcd pannel.

tried to get my niece to use one of my led pjs-she loves to play wow on the casio 240 or 3d on the viewsonic 6211,ehhh what can you do.At least she isnt burning thru a sharp bulb-she can do 12 hrs a day hulu anime ,left4dead ect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts