AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know everyone's favorite HA application. Not generic features such as "lighting" or "security", but more like, "come home, garage door opens, security system off, lights on, garage door closes in ten minutes".

I think it would be very interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts

Quote:
garage door closes in ten minutes

Onto the hood of your car, because something was in the way and you had to get out and move it before you could pull all the way in :)

Often these types of auto-magical things sound a lot nicer than they are in reality because they assume that you always want the same thing happen, when you often don't. Not trying to be a curmudgeon, and I know you were just throwing out a fer-instance, but I had to say it.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Ok, i'll play.

My top 10 list:

1-5) By far far far, I can check in and control my house on my PDA cellphone when i'm away , both the security/lights/heat and pull up the cameras I have. This is used almost daily to turn up heat/lights/etc as I get close to arriving home. (esp with this cold snap)

And now the runner-up's:

6) Closet light automatically turns on when I open the door, turns off when I close the door or if I leave the door open for more than 15minutes.

7) When I arm the security system, all the lights and a/v stuff gets turned off (if I forgot them on), and the HVAC gets turned down

8) At midnight, all the a/v stuff gets turned off, because we seem to have this inability to turn off equipment at my house.

9) At 7:50am every day, the current temp, forecast, and high for the day are announced. The timing is key, because that's right around when my 5yr old throws a hissy fit because she doesn't want to wear the warm clothes we picked out. We can point out how dang cold it is.

10) The whole "any audio in any room at any time controlled by a touchpanel or wifi remote" thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.