AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am in need of some new tunes. Please drop a few new bands/albums on me. I am up for anything. I recently enjoyed the newest Metallica and MGMT.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I recently bought Day And Age from The Killers. That's a very, very good album.

And if you're into Death/Goth/etc metal as well, Amon Amarth is one excellent band.

On the classical side, besides being absolutely gorgeous, Hélène Grimaud is also one of the best pianists around. Her Bach album is amazing.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Noted. The Killers are very good indeed.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wraith /forum/post/15466000

10 Years - Division......great album!

How have they progressed since their first? I got tired of people saying "Tool-Lite", I enjoyed it very much.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by briankmonkey /forum/post/15464097

Good thread!

I'll be checking in for some new tunes as well.

I like a couple of tracks from OneRepublic (Timbaland did a remix of one of their songs).

The Sunshine soundtrack (John Murphy)is one I enjoy listening to as well, recently released on iTunes. Tracks 4 and 15 are my fav's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8BNN6y11Js

Isn't this the same guy on 28 Days Later? If so really intense stuff, I found the score on Sunshine to be one of the main characters.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg /forum/post/15466534

How have they progressed since their first? I got tired of people saying "Tool-Lite", I enjoyed it very much.

They don't sound like Tool as much on this album. I would say the this album is just as good as their first one, just different. They have a few more softer and slower songs on Division. I think they have grown musically as well. The songs all sound excellent, and are well recorded. You should def. check it out....you will not be disappointed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts