AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like a remote that would change input source and screen aspect as I change channels. Would 'favorite channel' macros feature on the MX-500 do this for me?

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
220 Posts
FAV macros are simply macros that can use a limited number of buttons on the MX-500, they don't specifically include or exclude that function.

What you need are discrete codes, and the MX-500 doesn't have any of them. I'd recommend either the MX-500PKG, which packages the MX-500 with the URC-8811 and a JP1-Cable so that you can program the remote with any Pronto code (.ccf) out there. It's got a bit of a learning curve, but it's not all that difficult and there is plenty of public support if you run into a problem.

I also think you should consider the MX-700, which is very similar to the MX-500 but it PC-Programmable and has instant access to all of the discrete codes as well, without the need for the 2nd remote or any of that. It's also a much more feature-laden remote, as any user can attest to!

Drop me a line if you need any specific questions answered - [email protected]

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
from Daniel's review

Quote:
Although it's possible to enter up to 10 steps for each channel macro (are they anticipating mega-satellites?), the only buttons usable are numbers [0] through [9], [ENTER], [DISPLAY], [INFO/PAUSE], [POWER] and [SYSTEM OFF]. The commands entered are shown on the LCD; saving what's been entered is done by pressing the same macro button again.
so even with discretes you might get into trouble. There might be enough steps for it, but 0-9 are used already, so that leaves only up to 5 other buttons you can use and some of them like Power, or enter you might not want to override for that use.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
There might be enough steps for it, but 0-9 are used already, so that leaves only up to 5 other buttons you can use and some of them like Power, or enter you might not want to override for that use.
Yeah, I was kind of hoping for a device that would remember conditions for each channel. That way I could easily scan through the channels and input source, screen aspect ratio etc. would automatically be set. This isn't a big deal but it would have been nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.