1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
:p

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Is there any way to get a copy of that list and make it available to the forum? Might make for some interesting reading!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If you want to see the list of stations the FCC is scolding go to http://www.fcc.gov

Click on Daily Digest

Select June 7 on the calender

Then look at the document in the format of your choice under:

Released: 06/07/2002. DENIAL OF APPLICATIONS FOR EXTENSION OF TIME TO CONSTRUCT A DIGITAL TELEVISION

STATION. (DA No. 02-1334). MB DA-02-1334A1.doc DA-02-1334A1.pdf DA-02-1334A2.pdf DA-02-1334A1.txt

DA-02-1334A2.txt

The pdf file is in two parts: part one is the scolding, and part 2 is the station list.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Could we get some pictures of them tied up and being spanked by a woman in leather boots? Oh wait, I thought I was on another forum...

·
Registered
630 Posts
Glad to see that WIS in Columbia SC was one of the stations in the list. Now, maybe they will get off their ass and give us some DTV.

Scott

·
Registered
149 Posts
"If stations fail to offer a digital signal a year after admonishment, the FCC will revoke their digital-TV construction permits. "

Is this good news or bad news for us? According to the CBS station in my area they dont want digital-tv anyway. What happens after the permit is gone?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Well, in 2006 or so all current analogue frequencies will become digital, and if the station doesn't have digital abilities, its frequencies will be revoked and given to someone else. So it isn't an immediate punishment, but it means the stations would have to go out of business in a few years assuming the transition takes place. Also, imagine you were the only analogue station remaining when everything else is digital (and hopefully HD) - nobody would watch you!

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
People living in affected communities might adopt the strategy of publicizing this. For example, the local (print) newspaper could receive a letter with copies of these documents, admonishing the station. Newspapers tend to be critical of TV stations when they have the opportunity (provided they are not owned by the same company).

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Broadcasting and investment mogul, er..."religious leader" Pat Robertson.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I hope KNAT-TV "TBN" goes off the air sooner the better here in Albuquerque.

Their programings sucks.

KNAT-TV used to be a great INDY, back in the early 80's before TBN network took over.

Johnny Carson used to own this station and sadly gave in to TBN network for love of money.

They used to carry Benny Hill, Space 1999,bunch of other and tons of movies and sports.

Now I just hope someone will used this channel 23 to bring back pure INDY, station in New Mexico that is badly needed here.

Keep up the good work FCC!!

6-10-02

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
yea, the tbn's converting will really spur the dtv transition on...:p :D

·
Registered
730 Posts
Here is a good FCC page that gives a bunch of links regarding the status of the DTV transition:
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/video/dtvstatus.html

Go slap 'em around FCC! We doubled the amount of bandwidth they could have and they sat around twiddling their thumbs, yank their damn licenses if they don't move! Let Charlie (Ergen) start broadcasting ABC/CBS/NBC HDTV signals into markets where the local stations are dragging their feet!

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Let's hope Pat Robertson doesn't politcize this problem with TBN stations to claim the government is waging war on religion. He could do a lot of damage putting out distorted information to his followers.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I spoke with God, and he is very upset that TBN has not gone to HD. He will strike them down if they miss the next deadline, and we will all be saved (from Pat).

Ha.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hmm, I don't think they should yank their digital licenses. Far from it. I think they should pull their analog licenses and give them all the time in the world to convert to digital. That way, they can continue to use their existing tower, feedline and antenna. Plus they won't have the electric bill from running two stations at the same time.

For less than $500 the now analog-free station can provide a local cable company with a digital STB for OTA reception. Bingo, the laggard station has little transition costs, is still on cable (and possibly satellite) and looks better than ever to those >70% of viewers who don't use an OTA antenna. Sounds like a good plan, right?:p

Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.